Welcome to our home. We hope your stay will be as comfortable and enjoyable as possible so we put together some information. If you have any difficulties or questions please feel free to call us. Please treat our home with the same care and respect you would your own.
- Ski racks are located in the vestibule, please hang skis and poles there. Boots and wet clothes can be left downstairs and will dry quicker when hung or placed near the "wood" stove. Only open one door at a time in the vestibule to keep the heat in.
- The house is heated by separate electric heat in each room with individual thermostats. Please try to conserve by turning down the heat in unused rooms. Electric heat is very expensive and we are trying to keep rental rates low. The gas fired "wood" stove in the den can heat the whole house. Feel free to use it as much as you want. The thermostat for the "wood" stove is the round one on the wall. Leave the fan on to circulate heat throughout the house. Its nice to walk into a warm den when its freezing outside.
- Firewood is located in the metal stand to the left of the fireplace. Additional wood is outside the front door. Firestarters are left on the mantle above the fireplace, they are compressed wood blocks . Please keep the screen and glass doors closed to prevent embers from jumping out and causing burns. Take care not to build too hot a fire near the glass doors, they can break.
- Linens and towels are provided for all the beds and baths. Leave used towels in the laundry basket.
- Plastic garbage bags are provided underneath the sink. Tied and closed garbage bags should be put outside in the shed to the right of the front door. Vermont recycles if you separate recyclables. Garbage is removed twice a week.
- The water in the Jacuzzi has been changed and chemically balanced before your arrival. Please do not add any chemicals to the water. Leave the cover on as much as possible to prevent evaporation which will lower the water level and cool the Jacuzzi. Water should be added if it falls below the skimmer (the bottom of the tiles). Temperature is controlled with a thermostat on the heater located in the closet on the left side. Do not turn the heater switch off, just turn the heat down to a lower level.
- The sauna is a dry heat sauna. The heat adjustment and timer are located on the side of the heater. Do not pour water into the heater, you risk electrocution. Do not places objects such as towels on or near the heater.
- The controls for the ceiling fans are located at the halfway point on the stairs going to the second floor.
- The home has "digital cable" with 500 channels and all HBO and Showtime
channels. The main TV in the great room has a digital tuner, the other TVs
get normal cable channels. The TV can play sound through the stereo for surround sound.
There is a DVD player and VCR. There are many VCR tapes in the cocktail
table to watch.
- The home has high speed wireless internet access. A computer with an
802.11b compatible wireless card should be able to access the internet. It
works throughout the home.
- Coffee filters should be in a kitchen closet. Liquid dish soap as well as automatic dishwasher soap should be under the sink. Please donít use anything other than dishwasher soap for the dishwasher. Toilet paper and a roll of paper towels are provided. All pots, pans, dishes and utensils are supplied in the kitchen.
- Extra blankets are in the closets as well a crib. Some childrenís toys are located in the closet underneath the stairs, please replace them when done.
- Please keep the house locked when you leave. You are responsible for security.
- Snow plowing and sanding/salting is provided on an automatic basis (no need to call when it snows). There should be a shovel near the front door to clear cars, the deck or doors if need be. Sand should also be here if needed for icy conditions.
- Please use caution as the sink has a garbage disposal. Just throw waste into the garbage bag under the sink instead.
- Please leave the house empty of garbage and food when you leave. Excessive cleaning will be deducted from the damage deposit. Please return the keys to the lock box and lock the house, all the doors and windows, on leaving. Check out time is normally 11AM unless other arrangements have been made. Staying beyond check out time will incur a charge
deducted from the damage deposit.
- The phone is programmed to allow local calls and 800 calls. Please use credit cards for long distance. Local phone usage is included. A phone book and local information, menus for take out etc; can be found in the kitchen drawer nearest the kitchen phone, please replace them when done.
- Do not attempt to open the linen closet in the main bathroom, the closet opposite the washer dryer, the attic stairs,
the closet in the downstairs den or the garage door, a central station alarm will go off. Smoke detectors in each room will
also make the alarm go off.
- If there are any problems call us at (631) 424 1156 (this number is not blocked). In an emergency when you can not reach us you can call Debbie, at Peak Cleaning 422 3475 or Craig at Proper Maintenance 422 3746. Do not make any repairs or modifications to the house.
- No pets and No smoking is allowed. No exceptions. The damage deposit will be forfeited for cleaning and damages due to either occurrence.